is a very important composing control of Kettic ASP.NET AJAX User Interface component SDK. It can be easily installed and integrated into your Microsoft Visual Studio AS.NET AJAX web application to create a customized toolbar.
The main point of writing this guiding page is to show you how to easily create a simple toolbar into your ASP.NET web project, and how to customize its setting and properties to meet your requirement. Step by step guidance is provided along with necessary sample codings. Please read on to learn more.
Create an ASP.NET Web Application
- First please make sure you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, VS 2012 or VS 2013.
- Open your Visual Studio and select New | Web Site from the Visual Studio 2010 File menu.
- Now you can select "ASP.NET Web Site" and then input a project name and location path as you wish.
- Now it is done and you have successfully created an ASP.NET web application!
Integrate ToolBar Control into Web Page
- Add Kettic ToolBar control to your MS Visual Studio toolbox first.
- Drag an AjaxPanel component from the Toolbox and drop to the created default web page.
- Drag Kettic ToolBar control and drop to the AjaxPanel that was added in the previous step.
- Now it is done!
Customize ToolBar Properties in ASP.NET
- Now please click the smart tag of the Kettic toolbar in the Design view of the default web page that you have just created.
- If you want to modify the toolbar further, you can click the Edit item, and a property window will pop up with detailed property settings.
- When you are done setting the toolbar properties, you can run the application to view the result.
In the list below, we have presented some options you can try for your toolbar control configuration. Please make any modification as you see fit.
- Toolbar data binding to various data sources such as Array, DataTable, SqlDataSource, XMLDataSource, LinqDataSource, etc.
- Easily create different buttons like dropdown button and split button into your toolbar.
- This toolbar control also provides keyboard support so you can control toolbar through keys and tabs.
- You can set Single Click property so once a button is clicked, that button or the entire toolbar control can be inactivated to avoid multiple postbacks and callbacks.
- Web developers can also freely adjust properties for a single button such as the displaying Text, Tooltip, Value, Grouping, checking state, etc.
- You can also customize colors and built-in skins to control the appearance of your toolbar.
- Complete samples for server side events and client side events are provided to help you customize your toolbar in ASP.NET.