WinForms UI Controls User Guide
The Windows Forms User Interface component suite contains more than 30 controls within the package. The WinForms UI controls can be used in Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012. And we provide detailed User Guide to .NET Forms developers for easily using the UI controls. The following is the installation of the WinForms User Interface component suite.
Systems and Applications Compatibility and Requirements
- .NET Framework 2.0 and higher Installed
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012
- Windows Forms User Interface Components Suite downloaded
How to Install the User Interface Design Controls
The following is the steps of installing the WinForms UI components for a Windows Form template project
- Download the Windows Forms UI controls package and extract the files
- Copy the appropriate files and assemblies and paste to a folder on your computor
- Install all WinForms assemblies to the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
- Create native images for all WinForms UI Controls with the WinForms assemblies
- Check the version of Visual Studio that you are using and select the appropriate version of WinForms controls to install
- Installs all WinForms controls to the toolbox in your Visual Studio
- Install the WinForms UI controls to WinForms Visual Studio templates
- Install WinForms UI controls to WinForms templates as extensions add-on
- Install WinForms UI component examples for WinForms projects
- Add WinForms Coded UI support for Visual Studio 2010 and 2012
How to Install the WinForms UI controls to WinForms template projects
- Restart the instances of Visual Studio, if you are running them.
- Right click on the installer and select Run As Administrator to run the WinForms UI controls for WinForms to setup the UI controls.
- After the Welcome screen appears, Click Next to continue.
- Please do review the License Agreement carefully as it contains important information about the tools, the source code, and support.
- After you review the License Agreement, click the I accept to continue.
- Then the installer will complete the installation automatically.
- If you need the customized installation, you can use the Customize button to choose features that will be installed and the path.
- After you customizing the installation, click Install to continue the installating process.
- The installer will install the WinForms UI controls and display its progress.
- After the installation process done, the installer will display the completion screen.
- Choose the Launch Examples to launch the demos and click Finish to complete the installation.