Auto Completion Modes in C# with Editors WinForms Control
The Kettic Auto Complete Box Windows Forms Control is designed for developers to build user friendly applications. It is able to complete the entire string automatically when users type a few first characters of the whole string. With this feature, users can easily type a few characters into the text box and let Auto Complete Box engine finish the entire of URLs, addresses, file names or commands that have been frequently used.
Completion Modes of AutoComplete Control
The Kettic Auto Complete Box Control for Windows Forms allows .NET UI designer to adjust the completion behavior via customizing the property, Auto Complete Mode. Developers can assign the items that will be used for auto-completion through specifying a data source or adding the items manually. The following are the four properties of the AutoComplete WinForms Control.
- None, this mode is used to disable the functionality of automatic completion.
- Suggest, this mode is able to suggest the drop down list and populate all strings that match the typed string in according to the edit control.
- Append, this mode is able to append the left string in according to the characters that has been typed by users. It will highlight the appended characters.
- SuggestAppend, this mode is able to display Suggest and Append completion string.
Data Binding of Auto Completion
The Kettic Auto Complete Box Control is compatible with many data sources and developers are able to bind the AutoComplete Control to collections of bindable type sources such as:
- Data using DataSet and DataTable from a broad data source providers like MS SQL, Oracle, Access, anything accessible through OleDb.
- Simple types or custom objects like Generic Lists.
- Implement BindingList or other IBindingList
- Simple types or custom objects like ArrayList and Array
Data Binding Properties Setting
- AutoCompleteDataSource, this property is used to bind the AutoComplete Control to the specific data source. To set this property, choose it from the Properties window, and display all existing data sources on the form by clicking the drop-down arrow, Use the Add Project Data Source link to add a data source to the Windows Forms project.
- AutoCompleteShowMember, this property is used to show specific data in the auto completion drop down list. To set this property, we need to initially configure the data source property, and then set a value for this property from the drop down list in the Properties window.
- AutoCompleteValueMember, this property is used to return specific data that will be used to be the tokenized block element value. To set this property, we need to initially configure the data source property, and then set a value for this property from the drop down list in the Properties window.