WinForms Status Strip Controls Tutorial
This status strip control can use the themes provided combined with buttons and progress bar to show state and operation progress. The status strip control support two layouts, a table layout for placing items and a resizing layout which allows users resize each element dynamically.
Guide of Status Strip Controls
This guide below will show how to customize the Kettic status strip control in C# at design time. Users of the status strip control will find how to access a single status bar item in C# project at run time, including buttons, labels, panels, image buttons, repeat buttons, progress bar elements, and separator elements. The status strip control will use the label and button elements to show the selected items currently and use the progress bar to mimic the process. The following are the steps of customizing status strip elements
- Open your existing Windows Forms project or create a new Windows application.
- Drag a Status Strip Control and a List Control, drop them to the form you are building
- Set three images as the project resources and create a button element in status strip and populate it
- Add a label element through the drop down list arrow of status strip and configure the Name property as Status and enable the Spring property in Properties Window in your project
- Open the item collection editor through selecting the edit items in the Smart Tag for status bar.
- Add the split button through selecting dropdown list and choose the elements, button element, command bar separator, and progress bar element
- Hit the OK button and close the item collection editor window.
- Now we can customize these elements added in the Properties window.
- Create a Click event handler via double clicking the status, copy and paste the C# code below to the event handler
- Now we can customize the list control as the steps below.
- Change the Dock property of the list control to Fill.
- Choose the Items property ellipses to open the item collection editor.
- Hit the Add button to change the text image relation to image before text, change the list data item text property to Photos, and set image to the project resources of images
- Hit the Add button to change the list data item text property to books, change the text image relation to image before text, and set image to the project resources of images.
- Hit the Add button to change the list data item text property to rooms, change the text image relation to image before text, and set image to the project resources of images.
- Click OK button and close the item collection editor window.
- Choose the event button in the Properties Window for the List Control.
- Create an event handler through the List Control Selected Index Changed event
- Copy and paste the C# code below to the event handler
- Debug the C# .NET project via hitting the F5 button to verify if the status bar has been customized correctly.