Column Types of Data Grid Control
The Kettic Data Grid Control uses the Data Grid Column objects to represent columns. The Kettic Data Grid Column is the base class of all types of grid columns, including the Kettic grid data column. The properties of Kettic Grid Column provide custom appearance and events for entire column customization. The following are the properties of Data Grid control for customization.
Properties of Grid Column
- HeaderText, this property is used to determine the text string for column heading.
- HeaderAlignment, this property is able to customize the alignment of the header to top left, top center, top right, middle left, middle center, middle right, bottom left bottom center, and bottom right.
- UniqueName, this property will give the column a unique name to identify the column in all grids
- FieldName, this property is used to connect the column with the underlying data.
- Pinned, this property is used to pin the column to the left side of the grid.
- Current, this property will set a specific column to be current
- Visible, when disabling this property, a column will be hidden.
- MinimizeWidth, this property is used to determine the minimum width of the column.
- MaxWidth, this property is used to determine the maximum width of the column
- CurrentWidth, this property will show the current width of the column.
- Resizing, when enabling this property as true, users of the grid control can change the width of the column.
- TextAlignment, this property is used to align the text of columns. It is able to set the alignment of text to top left, top center, top right, middle left, middle center, middle right, bottom left bottom center, and bottom right